Scope: The privacy practices of this statement apply to the website located at https://www.investinero.com and to personal information collected by Investinero. When we talk about us, we mean the business that operates the website. When we talk about you, we mean the person using our website or services.
Personal Information Uses: It is our usual practice to collect personal information from you, usually when you complete an online form, deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (by letter, facsimile or email) or have contact with us in person. We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you give it to us, and for related internal management purposes. In some cases, we may disclose information about you to third parties, however we do not give information about you to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- You’d expect us to or we have told you we will
- It is required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement or for the protection of public revenue
If you support a campaign and the campaign creator needs your personal information to provide your reward we will ask that they use your information only for that purpose and to update you on progress of the campaign.
- An Important Note About Children. Children (persons under the age of 18 years) must be supervised by parents or guardians if using Investinero services. We request that children do not submit any personal information to us.
- Partners – We collect data across all user accounts and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to partners and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. We do not however disclose any information that could be used to identify you personally. Personal information, such as your name, email address, password, credit card and bank account details, is never disclosed to partners.
- Investinero Community – Throughout the site, you are identified by your full name. This may result in other users and third parties sending you unsolicited communications and being able to personally identify all of your activities on Investinero. By using your full name, other users can identify you and your activities throughout the site and see the campaigns that you have supported in the past, your postings and any comments. We also provide a number of ways to allow other users to find more out about you and your site activities, such as our feature that allows users to quickly see all of the campaigns you have created and supported at the time. If you are involved in a transaction, other users can view your full name, email address and obtain your contact information.
- Legal Requests – Investinero may lawfully disclose your personal information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes. Investinero cooperates with law enforcement enquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property and other rights. We can (and by agreeing to this policy you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement agencies or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, appropriate or as otherwise permitted under the existing EUlegislation, in connection with an investigation of fraud, terrorism financing, money laundering and intellectual property infringements, piracy or other illegal activity that may expose us to legal liability.
- Use of Other Users’ Information. In order to facilitate interaction among all Investinero community members, our service allows you limited access to other users’ contact information. As a campaign creator you have access to the full names, email address and other contact information of the campaign supporter, as well as access to the full name, email address and other contact information of the creator. By entering into our Terms and Conditions, you agree that, with respect to other users’ personal information that you obtain through the Investinero site or through a Investinero-related communication or Investinero-facilitated transaction, Investinero hereby grants to you a licence to use such information only for Investinero-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, using co-branded services offered through Investinero (e.g., insurance, shipping and fraud complaints), and any other purpose that such user expressly opts into after adequate disclosure of the purpose(s). At all times, you must give users an opportunity to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review the information you have collected about them. Under no circumstances, except as defined in this Section, can you disclose personal information about another Investinero user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other users after adequate disclosure. Note that law enforcement personnel and other rights holders are given different rights with respect to information that they access. We and our users do not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the abovementioned you are not licensed to add a Investinero user, or even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent after adequate disclosure. To report spam from other Investinero users, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reviewing and Changing Personal Information. Following account user registration, you can review and change the information you submitted during registration including: Registration information, such as: name, company, address, city, state, post code, country, primary phone number, secondary phone number etc Your password (if you have supplied such information) You should update your personal information promptly if it changes. You cannot change or remove any public postings made in Investinero forums or other message areas or the feedback area, once posted. We will deactivate your account, contact information, and financial information from our active databases upon your request. To make this request simply email email@example.com. Your information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably practicable in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. In some circumstances we will retain information you have requested to remove in our files, for the purposes of prevention of fraud, dispute resolution, troubleshooting, assisting with any investigations, and enforcing our Terms and Conditions, and compliance with legal requirements. Due to technical constraints and the backup of our systems, prior information is never completely removed from our databases. Therefore, not all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests, however personal information will be deactivated from public viewing and usage by other members of Investinero and will only be available to select Investinero personnel.
- Security. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your Information is stored on the Investinero servers currently located in Australia We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL). However, ‘perfect security’ does not exist on the Internet. When using services, your financial details are passed through a secure server using 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. This encryption scrambles details such as the credit card number, billing details and delivery address so that other computers generally are unable to decipher the information, providing privacy and security. Investinero does not store your payment information (such as credit card or debit card information) on Investinero servers or databases.